This tour is an adapted version of the Mare e Monti North, one of Corsica's most famous walking routes.
Our team has chosen beautiful coastal paths and comfortable accommodation to give you the best possible holiday. While you hike through forests and maquis shrublands, you will have several opportunities to swim in the crystal-clear waters of the island’s natural pools. With this Mare e Monti trip, you will have all the right ingredients for an unforgettable holiday!
All nights are in gîtes. However, you also have the option to spend nights in double or twin bedrooms (see the 'options' section in the right column).
Even if you take the double or twin bedroom options, remember to take sleeping bags with you for your night in a shared bedroom in Curzu.
Your day by day program
Your trip will begin in Galeria, a village accessible by bus or taxi from Calvi. Please contact us for fares and timetables.
Today’s stage will take you to the heart of the Scandola Natural Reserve, a site which has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The beautiful coves, turquoise waters and the differently shaped rock formations will offer you truly unique landscapes.
The enchanting little fishing village of Girolata is only accessible on foot or by boat, and is also a heavenly place for hikers. Once there, you will be able to go for a swim in majestic coves and enjoy eating freshly caught fish for dinner, in a restaurant next to the beach.
Walking: 5 hours.
Height gain: +900m.
Height loss: -900m.
As you walk along a coastline path called the ‘sentier des douaniers’, you will come across several crests, which will offer you great panoramic views over the rest of the island. You will finally arrive in Curzu, where you will spend the night.
Height gain: +1300m.
Height loss: -1200m.
An alternative and easier walk is also available for this particular stage. Duration: approximately 5 hours.
Your journey will take you to the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Porto. You will cross a river and discover the now desolate village of Pinetu. You will also be able to discover the beach of Bussaglia, which has often been described as the most beautiful beach in the Gulf of Porto. Finally, you will end today’s walk by stopping in Porto's famous port for the night.
Dinner at your own expense. Night in a hotel.
Height gain: +565m.
Height loss: -878m.
Your trip ends here in Porto. Possibility to stay additional nights in Porto, near the Calanches de Piana or Ota.
Buses go to Calvi and Ajaccio (pay on board – cost: about 10€) or Corte. Trains and buses from Corte go to Bastia, Calvi or Ajaccio.
Everyday from the beginning of April to the end of September.
- In gîtes. You can also choose to spend 2 nights in double or twin bedrooms.
- From 2.
- You will need to be in good physical condition and used to walking. Walks: from 3h30 to 6h00 a day.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle except during your stay in Girolata where you will need to take your bags with you. Otherwise, you only need to take your day bags with you on other days (for picnics, cameras etc.).
- 2 nights in double bedrooms : 90€
- Map of Corsica (1:25000) : 16€
- Trip without luggage transfer : -100€
- Evening meals (except in Porto), breakfasts, nights in gîtes (shared bedrooms), luggage transfers (except in Girolata), route notes, maps, local assistance.
- Transport option to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, transfers which are not included in the tour, personal travel insurance, luggage transfers in Girolata, beverages, visits of tourist sites, optional activities which are not included in the tour, personal expenses.