This tour will offer you stunning panoramic views over the Mediterranean with scenic coastal rides from the Cape of Corsica to the town of Porto. With the daily backdrop of glorious mountain ranges, your journey will take you to the most authentic parts of Corsica located at the heart of the island.
This self-guided tour also includes luggage transfers.
Your day by day program
Depending on the time of your arrival, you will be able to explore your surroundings. Bastia’s citadel, the old port and the ‘place St Nicolas’ are definitely worth a visit. If you decide to come by plane, we can also organise an airport pick-up service. Please contact us for more details.
Night in Bastia - 4* hotel.
During the first stage of this itinerary, you will cycle northwards to the Cape of Corsica, a wild and magnificent part of the island. You will ride along the eastern coastline and cross the northern tip of Corsica via the Col de la Serra (365m).
Night in St Florent - 4* hotel.
87km / D+ 2229m; D-2235 / Altitude Max: 384m
107km / D+ 1664m; D-1662 / Max: 357m
After leaving St Florent’s delightful bay, you will cycle to the famous Désert des Agriates and the Col de Vezzu (311m) in order to reach the Balagne and its authentic little mountain villages, from which you will get wonderful views over the sea and the rest of the region.
104km / D+ 1679m; D- 1671m / Max: 682m
Night in Calvi - 4* hotel.
One of the most beautiful coastal roads in Europe awaits you today! The itinerary offers stunning views over Corsica’s wild coastline and its mysterious wind-shaped rocks which appear to be melting under the blazing heat of the sun. A few kilometres after riding through the Col de Palmarella, the Gulf of Girolata and the Scandola Nature Reserve will come into sight.
Night in Porto - 3* hotel.
79km /D+ 1218m ; D- 1181m / Max : 408m
With no obligations for the day, you will be able to do whatever you want! Spend a lazy day at the beach or your hotel... Or explore the village, the natural reserve of Scandola and the Calanches de Piana by boat... We’ll leave all these different options up to you. A walk (or a ride) around the Calanches is also possible and definitely worth the effort since this porphyritic rock mass has been inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
Cyclists, who feel brave enough to tackle the Col de Sevi (1101m), will also have the opportunity to go for a 100km ride around it.
97km / D+ 2182m; D- 2177m / Max: 1087m
Night in Porto - 3* hotel.
Starting from Porto, today’s ride will lead you to climb the Col de Vergio (1477m) for 30km and to travel through magnificent landscapes such as those of the Spelunca Gorge or the mystical Aïtone forest. Then, you will start a 35km descent, including fifteen through the extraordinary Scala di Santa Regina.
Night in Corte - 4* hotel.
84km / D+ 2000m; D- 1638m / Max: 1477m
115Km with the Restonica gorges
You will leave Corte, the former capital of the island, and journey eastwards to the Castagniccia region, otherwise known as the birthplace of Corsica’s greatest men, such as Sambucucciu d’Alando and Pascal Paoli. With no less than four cols to climb, this stage is one of the hardest of this circuit, the best having been saved till last! Once you leave the mountains, you will reach the East Coast and the town of Lucciana, which is located at the south end of Bastia.
Night near Bastia airport - 4* hotel.
97km / D+ 1510m ; D- 1937m / Max: 973m
After breakfast, please ask us if you need a transfer to Bastia port or airport.
Your trip ends here.
Departures every day from the beginning of April to the end of October.
- Bastia. Contact us for assistance with your travel arrangements.
- Lucciana (south of Bastia and near the airport).
- 7 nights in 3 and 4-stars hotels (double bedrooms).
- From two.
- Approximately 80-110km a day, with height gains between 800 and 2000m.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle.
- Supplement for single bedroom : 300€
- Supplement for July and August departures : 120€
- Hybrid bike rental (21 gears) : 70€
- Hybrid bike rental - TREK FX2 2018 or SPECIALIZED Sirrus / Vita : 110€
- Electric bike rental - TREK UM3+ 2018 or NEOMOUV : 150€
- Aluminium road bike rental (triple crankset) - SPECIALIZED Secteur Sport : 160€
- Aluminium road bike rental (compact crankset) - TREK Domane AL3 2018 : 170€
- Carbon road bike rental (V-brake) - LOOK 566 Ultegra : 200€
- Carbon road Bike rental (Disc brake) - TREK Emonda SL6 2018 : 250€
- GPS rental : 60€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Supplement for single bedroom for July and August departures : 850€
- Discount nights in 3-star hotels : -650€
- Breakfasts from day 2 to day 8
- Luggage transfers from one hotel to another
- Information package with maps and road-books
- Nights in 3 and 4-stars hotels
- Transport options from and to Bastia
- Beverages and meals
- Transfers which are not included in the tour
- Optional activities which are not included in the tour
- Personal travel insurance
- Bike rental
- Repair costs
- Personal expenses
Self-guided road bike tour in Southern Corsica 3 star hotels
Corsica - Self-guided road cycling - 8 days / 7 nights