A wonderful holiday where you will discover Corsica at its best; the quiet back roads with stunning views, charming villages, beautiful beaches, and the very best in hotel accommodation. A perfect way to combine discovery and adventure with the comfort of good accommodation at the end of the day.
Your day by day program
Arrive at Bastia airport where we will collect you and take you to our offices to get kitted out with your hire bike. Depending upon your arrival time, there are various options on offer:
- Take the road directly to your hotel and make the most of the swimming pool, the beach and the Michelin starred restaurant.
- Or, discover the wild and little known Nebbiu region on superb little roads before reaching your hotel in the resort of Saint Florent.
The Cape of Corsica is unmissable. After a good breakfast, you will return to the east coast to start your tour of the cape. The undulating road along the east coast offers some stunning views across to the Italian islands of Elba and Capraia. After crossing the remote end of the cape, we suggest you stop for lunch at the tiny little fishing port of Centuri, famous for its fresh lobster. From there, the west coast becomes increasingly wild with breath-taking views. It's possible to take a rest by many small creeks and a stop is imperative at the village of Nonza, where you can enjoy the views from one of the most spectacularly placed bars on Corsica. Return to your hotel where you can enjoy your last night in northern Corsica.
The day begins after a superb crossing of the "Désert des Agriates" a protected area that offers a winding road with stunning views down the to coast. Local bikers consider this road to be one of the best in all of Corsica. On leaving the Agriates, you will avoid the main road by taking some little-known mountain back roads, crossing olive groves and lined with cactus and prickly pears. You will pass through some villages typical of the region where you will need to pay attention to the cows that wander freely! You will then reach Calvi, the bustling port town that comes alive each evening with its bars and restaurants.
After enjoying all that Calvi has to offer, you will ride the coastal road towards the south. This road, although rough and bumpy, has been named as one of the most beautiful coastal roads in all of Europe. After crossing the river Fango, there's a climb to a magnificent view point from where you can admire the coast and the road that continues in zig-zags. Take a break in Porto, at the frontier of the Scandola marine nature reserve or continue to the Calanches de Piana. Finally, you will climb through the most magnificent and extraordinary Gorges de la Spelunca. Pass through the Aitone forest before reaching the ancient city of Corte in the true heart of Corsica. Night next to the river in a superb location.
Leave Corte towards the south and pass by a superb waterfall before taking a road very little frequented. The road is long and will permit you to discover the real heartland of Corsica, rarely found by regular tourists. Later in the south, you will join the main road that leads to Bonifacio, passing by beaches which are nothing but pure paradise. Feel free to stop and bathe wherever takes your fancy! Take some time to discover the extraordinary port town of Bonifacio, perched upon the cliff, before reaching your wonderful hotel for the night.
In order to avoid the direct route back to the north, which is full of radars, traffic and is tediously straight, we suggest you follow an itinerary that takes you through the centre of the island. Depending upon the time that you have, you could make a detour to visit the famous Palombaggia beach, the needles of Bavella or drive directly from Ospedale lake to take the road north through the villages that make the best charcuterie on Corsica! You will reach Corte once more, from where you can take the direct route back to Bastia for your flight or ferry. Feel free to request an extra night's accommodation depending upon your travel times.
Begin on any day from April to the end of October.
- In luxury and charming hotels
- Minimum of 2 people.
- Distance of approximately 150-230km per day.
- Summer supplement for July/August per person : 415€
- Single room supplement : 785€
- Single room supplement for high season : 1465€
- Motorbike hire with saddlebags (type T1) : 340€
- Motorbike hire with saddlebags (type T2) : 569€
- Motorbike hire with saddlebags (type T3) : 680€
- Motorbike hire with saddlebags (type T4) : 1020€
- Tripy 2 GPS rental for 6 days : 75€
- GPS tracks on a USB key : 25€
- The Corsican Biker t-shirt (style and size can be decided later) : 15€
- All nights in "hôtels de charme et de luxe" in bedrooms for 2 persons
- The trip dossier including maps and the road-book
- On the ground assistance during the trip
- Transfers not mentioned in the programme
- Drinks and meals except for breakfast
- The motorbike, repairs, fines
- Entry to tourist sites
- Personal expenses