Corsica is known for its extreme contrasts and wonderful landscapes. This tour will show you just how amazing they really are, and what a great cycling potential our island has to offer!
Not only that on each stage you can choose different routes, but you will also enjoy this unique variety of surroundings; from beautiful coastal roads, to small, twisty mountain pass roads.
You will ride around the "Cap Corse", cross the "désert des Agriates", discover the small villages of the interior... just loads of unforgettable pictures.
Corsica surely won't leave you indifferent!
Your day by day program
The Tour starts in Bastia, in the morning. The first stage leads you around the Corsican cape. A beautiful coastal road, gentle climbs through the interior before reaching the West coast and its stunning cliffs.
Night in a charming village.
Today you will ride southwards, direction St Florent and its little harbor. If you cross the village of Patrimonio, you should stop for a wine tasting. The area has a lot of good wines. On the climbs you have great views over the bay of St Florent.
Night in a Hotel**, in St Florent.
Now you will head towards the Balagne. After a few Kilometers and a last look over the bay of St Florent, you're in the desert of the Agriates. No sandy dunes but low vegetation and not really much around. After a sweet descent you leave the desert and get ready for some lovely climbs into the mountain area of the Balagne.
Night in a hotel***, not far from Île-Rousse.
That stage will lead you straight into the heart of the local mountains. You will discover the typical villages and enjoy some unexpected views. At least one climb should be challenging, no matter how fit you are. But the reward is never far and once over the top of the Battaglia pass (1099m) you get to see yet another amazing scenery!
Night in a comfortable guest room, in a typical Corsican village.
Say good bye to your host and hit the road again. Mostly downwards for the first part, it's an easy stage until Ponte-Leccia. But we advise to go for the extensions, and specially the one into the gorges of Ascu, at the foot of the highest mountain of the island (Monte Cinto, 2700m). No need to tell you about the landscapes...
Night in a hotel in Corte.
Today you will ride into what can be considered the "heart of Corsica"; Corte. This small city was the capital of the island during the independence (1755-1769), and hosts the Corsican University. You can visit the museum and the citadelle, it's really worth it. As an extension of the stage you can ride up the gorges of the Restonica (partly 14%) until the sheepfolds of Grotelle.
Night in Corte.
You will follow (more or less, depending on the route you've chosen) the Tavignanu river down to Aleria, an ancient Roman city. Always be careful on high speed downhill sections, because (and not only in this area!) the animals, contrary to the humans, are numerous and love to stand in the middle of the road.
Once in Aleria you can visit the Roman Museum and the old fortress, or rather relax a bit in the nearby Spa resort, located directly on the beach (a transfer with the hotel bus is possible).
Night in a hotel***, in Aleria.
Heading Nothwards today, you will quickly find yourself climbing again. Avoiding the main road along the coast is the best option (too much traffic and not much to see). As you've probably already noticed most of the inhabitants have left the interior villages, and on your way you'll see historical witnesses of the ancient times; like churches, convents, abandoned sheepfolds...
Night in a hotel or guest room.
The area you'll cross today owes its name to the massif chestnut planting by the Genoese in the middle-age. As you guess the region is quite wooded and also has some very old buildings remembering of the past generations that lived here. Some gentle climbs will make your heart beat faster. Finally, to end the stage and the trip, you'll easily "roll" until your last accommodation, located a few meters from the beach near the Bastia/Poretta airport.
Night in a hotel***, at the Marana.
The program ends after the breakfast. A transfer to the airport or Bastia is possible (ask us).
Daily starts from April to October
- Starting point is Bastia, in the morning.
- On day 10, after the breakfast.
- In hotels and guest-houses, in double rooms.
- From 2 participants
- Leisure version: Stages from 20Km to 70Km, with usually gentle climbs and a few steeper parts. Sportive version: Approximately 70-120km a day, the most difficult stage being a 5km pass (height gain: 10%).
- Your luggage is transfered from one accommodation to the next by car. You just take with you what you need for the stage.
- Single room : 310€
- Supplement for July/August : 80€
- Hybrid bike rental (21 gears) : 100€
- Hybrid bike rental - TREK FX2 2018 or SPECIALIZED Sirrus / Vita : 150€
- Electric bike rental - TREK Verve+ 2018 or NEOMOUV : 210€
- Aluminium road bike rental (triple crankset) - SPECIALIZED Secteur Sport : 210€
- Aluminium road bike rental (compact crankset) - TREK Domane AL3 2018 : 240€
- Carbon road bike rental (V-brake) - LOOK 566 Ultegra : 280€
- Carbon road Bike rental (Disc brake) - TREK Emonda SL6 2018 : 350€
- GPS rental : 70€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Luggage transfer from accommodation to accommodation. Bed and breakfast in hotels and guest-houses(in double rooms). Maps, route notes and all the informations you need for the trip (you can call us any time during the tour).
- Transfers to the starting point and from the end point of the program. Unplanned transfers. Insurances. Meals (except breakfast) and drinks. The bike rental. Eventual repairs on the bike. Personal spendings.