The Canal du Midi is an exceptional and astonishing UNESCO World Heritage Site. During this 4-day trip, you will ride through Carcassonne, Narbonne and many other enchanting little French towns.
Your day by day program
Arrival in Carcassonne and installation in your hotel. Night in a 2-star hotel.
Possibility to add an extra night in Carcassonne and to add a loop to the itinerary in order to discover the town and its surroundings.
Today, the ride takes you into the Black Mountains where you can visit the Chateaux de Lastours as well as an underground cave at Limousis which stretches over 1.2km. There are many opportunities to taste the local wines.
Return to Carcassonne.
Distance: approx. 47km.
Height gain: +600m (with the visit of the cave).
+300m (with the castles of Lastours only).
Spend a quiet day and leave the beautiful town of Carcassonne and head towards the sea. You will ride through several pretty little villages. There are many opportunities to taste the local wines along the way.
Night in Homps or Olonzac, in a guest house with swimming pool.
Distance: approx. 41km.
Canal locks and small villages will be your backdrop for the day. Many vineyards also populate the area. Head towards the Canal de la Robine, a World Heritage Site, which will lead you to the heart of Narbonne.
Night in a 2-star hotel in Narbonne.
Possibility to take the train from Narbonne to Toulouse (2h00 by train). Possible bike transfer in trains (no additional costs). Possibility to arrange an additional night in Toulouse with a possible additional bike ride.
Every day from the beginning of March to the end of October.
- Your hotel in Carcassonne.
- 2-star hotels and guesthouses (bathrooms with shower and toilets).
- From 2
- Easy and flat path. About 40km a day.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle (1 per person).
- Hybrid bike rental (including bike pick-up) : 115€
- E-bike rental (including bike pick-up) : 140€
- Supplement for July and August departures : 20€
- Single room : 90€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Nights in hotels, breakfasts, luggage transfers, one evening meal, maps and route notes.
- Transfers to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, insurance, lunches, evening meals (except one), train transfers (cost: 22€ from Narbonne to Toulouse).
3 day self-guided leisure cycling tour around the Cape of Corsica and the Gulf of St Florent
Corsica - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - 3 days / 2 nights