Cycling around the Ijsselmeer is an extraordinary experience! The lake was formed in 1932, after the building of the Zuiderzee dam. Before the 20th century, there were many small but lively villages around the lake, where thousands of families lived from fishing. However today, the Ijsselmeer is especially known for its peaceful atmosphere and picturesque landscapes. On the shores of the lake, you will also discover enchanting little villages and towns.
Enjoy the views over the lake, the green forests and the enchanting Dutch polder landscapes!
Departures every Sunday from the 30 June to the 21 August 2017.
Your day by day program
Often called the pearl of the Veluwe, Nunspeet is located at the heart of the Veluwe, one of the most famous and beautiful natural regions in the Netherlands. This little town is surrounded by old traditional farms, pasture lands and tree-shrouded hills.
Your first day of cycling starts in Amersfoort, a town where history is very much alive. You will also have the chance to go for a walk in the town’s enchanting little streets and to admire its old fortified walls. Amersfoort’s souvenir shops and boutiques also make it the ideal place to go shopping.
Today, you will cycle through landscapes, dominated by the ancient bog of Eemland, and enchanting little villages such as Baarn, Goi or Narden where you will be able to see the town’s battlements, which are some of the best preserved fortifications in Europe.
Start the day by cycling through Edam, a town famous for its succulent cheese, and ride to the villages of Volendam and Hoorn, which were strategic maritime locations during the Dutch Golden Age.
End today’s journey by going to Enkhuizen and the Museum of Zuiderzee.
Take a ferry crossing to the Frise region and cycle amidst open landscapes in order to discover the small popular towns of Stavoren, famous for the Eleven Cities Tour invented in 1809 by two men, who decided to ice skate through these eleven towns in the space of one single day!
Pedal your way through the National Park of the Weeribben, an area full of peat and water, before reaching the fortress of Zwartsluis, which is the place to be for water sports in the Netherlands.
Head off to Kampen and then to Nunspeet, an old Hanze town with no less than 500 monuments. Then, cycle through the romantic village of Noordeinde, before reaching the beautiful landscapes of the Veluwe and then Nunspeet.
Every Saturday and Sunday from the 29 April to the 17 September 2017.
Every Friday from the 30 june to the 21 August 2017.
- Your hotel in Nunspeet.
- 3 and 4 star hotels (double or twin bedrooms with private bathroom and toilet).
- From 2.
- Easy. Road surface: flat. Distances: from 35 and up to 65km a day.
- Luggage transfer by vehicle (1 bag per person 20 kg).
- Renting a hybrid bike : 65€
- Electric bike rental : 110€
- Supplement for nights in single bedrooms : 175€
- Summer supplement 17/06 - 27/08 : 40€
- Half-board option (price per person) : 165€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Nights in 3 and 4 star hotels, breakfasts from day 2 to day 8, access to the communal swimming pool of Nunspeet, Lemmer and Zwartsluis, luggage transfers, information package with maps and road-books, car park in the hotel.
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, personal travel insurance, lunches, evening meals, ferry crossing from Enkhuizen to Stavoren (17€).
Cycling the Canal du Midi – from Toulouse to the Mediterranean - 8 Days - Comfortable hotels
Canal du Midi - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - 8 days / 7 nights