The Cinque Terre, those five villages linked together by fantastic walking paths. With amazing hills to produce the rare Cinque Terre wine, wonderful local olive oil, beautiful forests where wild mushrooms are picked during the autumn, you will, without a doubt, enjoy the local gastronomy. The bustling little ports offer a wonderful location in which to relax, as do the old centres and narrow streets of the five villages.
Our carefully selected walking itineraries have been made so that everybody can make the best out of the Cinque Terre. We are able to propose you easy family walking tours as well as sportive trekking paths.
The accommodation chosen for this trip is the best available in the heart of Riomaggiore, a 3-star hotel from where you will get a view over the sea.
Your day by day program
Arrival in the Cinque Terre. Enjoy your time discovering the beautiful village of Riomaggiore where you will spend your holiday. Its narrow streets often lead to fantastic views out to sea or towards the vineyards. Spend time unwinding and soaking up the local atmosphere.
At the top of the village of Riomaggiore, your hotel is well situated: You can benefit from being in the heart of the Cinque Terre itself and yet at the end of the day you can retreat to the top of the village for the peace and quiet of your hotel.
We suggest you take a boat to Porto Venere (also accessible by train and bus) and enjoy the journey. Porto Venere is a beautiful and lively village with an impressive fortress, which faces out to sea towards some islands. It is possible to rent a boat to visit these islands and even walk on some of them. You will today walk on the hills' crests and above the cliffs. This is a wonderful hiking itinerary to get a feeling for what the Cinque Terre is all about.
About 4H45. +600m, -600m.
A wonderful walk with splendid views over Vernazza and its towers before climbing up to the beautiful church of San Bernadino. After leaving the shaded pine forest you will follow a narrow path overlooking the sea, among vineyards. The panorama is simply breathtaking. From Volastra, you will walk downhill through olive groves to Manarola. From there, you will continue on the easy Via del Amore to get back to Riomaggiore.
About 4H30. +700m, -700m.
Today you will start your hike in Monterosso. After leaving the beautiful beach behind you, the steep climb leads you to the first chapel. This itinerary offers amazing views over Monterosso and Vernazza. The churches you will see are always set in fantastic locations overlooking the hills. A beautiful loop with stunning scenery.
About 4H50. +670m, -670m.
To end your walking week, we felt we had to take you to the furthest village in the area, Levanto. Although this is not the prettiest village in the area, its little streets are still charming. The coastal path we have chosen for you today will lead you from Monterosso to Levanto on a path much less walked than the other coastal itineraries and just as fantastic. After one hour of walking from Monterosso, you have a panoramic view point within the protected area of the “Punta Mesco” - do not forget your camera! On the path to Levanto, take five minutes to rest and taste the local wine.
About 3H15. +200m, -200m.
Your holiday is over after breakfast. Feel free to ask us at the time of booking if you would like to have a longer holiday with additional walking routes or simply extra time to relax in the Cinque Terre!
Everyday from the beginning of March to the end of November.
- La Spezia or the Cinque Terre villages. From Pisa or anywhere else in Italy, please contact us.
- The National Park of the Cinque Terre.
- Three star hotel in the village of Riomaggiore with sea views. Double or twin room included with breakfast.
- From 2.
- Open to everyone in a good physical condition and able to walk about 5 hours a day with steep paths. We can also propose a wider range of hikes including easier itineraries.
- Supplement for single room : 319€
- Discount (per person) for a triple room : -60€
- Local assistance, route notes and maps, nights in a three star hotel in Riomaggiore double rooms with breakfast and sea views, entrances to the natural park walking itineraries (1 x 2 days), train transfers (1 x 2 days).
- Transfer to the meeting point and to the drop off point, meals, transfers not planned in the program, insurances, drinks, visits, optional activities and personal expenses.