During four days, this tour will enable you to discover some of the most beautiful sites in Corsica. Hop on your bike and cycle around the wild and windswept Cape, hinterland villages, the enchanting town of Bastia and St Florent’s glorious beaches.
Your day by day program
Your trip starts in your hotel in the afternoon. This will give you plenty of time to discover the capital of northern Corsica in the morning. The delightful old port, freely accessible citadel and old part of town offer spectacular panoramic views over the sea and the surrounding mountains. In the evening, we recommend that you walk around the old port to enjoy its lively atmosphere.
Night in a 2 star hotel in Bastia.
In the morning, you will start cycling northwards along a coastline road, with beautiful rugged landscapes of cliffs and jagged shores. You will then cross the island to reach the West Coast. As you descend the Cape, maquis-shrouded hills, dotted with crenelated old Genoese towers, will quickly unravel before your very eyes. The west side of the Cape also holds a magnificent cluster of tiny fishing ports, set against sublime turquoise waters.
Distance: approximately 48km, 65km or 75km.
After leaving the Cape, you will head south in the direction of St Florent. Depending on which itinerary you choose, you will have the opportunity to ride through Patrimonio, the Corsican capital of wine-making, via the Col de Teghime or a superb little-known back road. Both roads offer stunning views over the Gulf. Once you have reached St Florent, you will be able to enjoy strolling down the port and the town’s enchanting little streets. A visit of the citadel is also recommended.
Wine tasting classes in the cellars of Patrimonio can also be arranged.
Night in a 3 star hotel near Bastia airport.
Distance: approximately 50 or 60km.
Your trip ends here after breakfast. Possible transfer to the port or airport of Bastia. Please contact us for more details.
Every day from the beginning of April to the end of October.
- In the afternoon, in your hotel in Bastia. Meet in Bastia on day 1 at 9.00am. Contact us for assistance with your travel arrangements.
- Your hotel near Bastia airport after breakfast on day 4. Possible transfer to the port or airport of Bastia.
- Nights in hotels, inns or comfortable B&Bs (double bedrooms).
- From two.
- You need to be in good health and have a good fitness level.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle. You only need to take with you what you wish to have available during the ride (wallet, camera, picnic lunch, water etc.).
- Supplement for single bedrooms : 125€
- Hybrid bike (21 gears) rental : 30€
- Hybrid bike (Specialized) rental : 40€
- Electric bike rental : 50€
- Alu road bike (Specialized) rental : 75€
- Carbon road bike (Look Ultegra) rental : 80€
- Carbon road bike (Look Ultegra + 100% carbon wheels) rental : 120€
- GPS rental : 20€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Luggage transfers, nights in hotels, inns or B&Bs (double bedrooms), breakfasts, information package with maps and road-books.
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, transfers which are not included in the tour, meals (except breakfasts) and beverages, personal travel insurance, bike rentals, repair costs, visits of tourist sites, optional activities which are not included in the tour, personal expenses.
3 day self-guided leisure cycling tour around the Cape of Corsica and the Gulf of St Florent
Corsica - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - 3 days / 2 nights